Membership fees can now be paid using PayPal (the cost reflects the fees charged by PayPal). See the link on the membership page!
Annual Membership fees are due now. You can either pay via PayPal using the link on the Membership page or by sending a check to:
Willamette Valley Miata Club
PO Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307
Whichever way you decide to make your payment please complete the Membership form and return it to us either electronically or via mail
Monthly Club Meeting
Join us at our Monthly Club Meeting, Tuesday, June 7th, 6:30pm at the Westside Taphouse, 594 Edgewater St NW #180, Salem, OR.
This meeting will be to continue plans for Explore Oregon 2016 and plan some future events for the remainder of this year. Please RSVP
for this meeting so we can make the appropriate reservation.
Saturday Morning Coffee
Join us for coffee every Saturday morning at 9:00 for coffee and camaraderie at the Subway at
5765 Commercial St SE. We are trying to be more organized about taking a drive after coffee, so watch for
details about planned Saturday morning drives here!
Explore Oregon Sneak Preview Drive
Join us this Saturday morning as we take you on a sneak preview of some of the drives being planned for Explore Oregon.
The drive will leave from Subway on S. Commercial at approx 9:45. There is no need to rsvp just show up by 9:00 if you are interested
in going along.
Halfway and Back Tour
September 10-15, 2016
This tour has been referred to as the real Explore Oregon, join us as we drive some of the best roads in Central, Eastern,
and Northeastern Oregon and Southeast Washington. This year's drive will feature some new roads and perhaps a trip into Idaho.
There is limited availability for this drive so the first 15 cars that RSVP will be guaranteed a spot on this trip.
The dates are September 10-15, 2016, the trip begins in Salem, OR on the morning of the 10th and will head east towards
Baker City (not sure yet if we will go all the way or spend the night somewhere in between). We will be making a trip at some point
through Rattlesnake Canyon, a delightful piece of highway with over 170 corners in an approx. 19 mile stretch. So make sure you get your
RSVP in to me ASAP so you can experience this trip.
More information will be available soon, watch your email!
Looking forward to seeing there!
Chris and Karen McCarty
Dee Dahlke and Duncan Johnson
Michael "Bubba" Gillman
Gary and Carol Holm
Mark and Debby Hamlin
Walter Hapay and Laura Goebel
Allen and Mary Harader
John Jenkins and Stacey Drake
A.J. and Vickie McGranaghan
Ro Burnham and Chris Tauscher
Geniece Gregory and Guest
Kelly & Cindy Ferrel
Ben and Katrina Stanton
Connie Mott and Sharon
Explore Oregon 2016
"The Premier Summer Miata Tour Event"
July 14-17, 2016
"EXPLORE OREGON” is an annual premier multi-day event, organized by the Willamette Valley Miata club. Be prepared to enjoy some of Oregon’s most beautiful and
historic scenery and explore the awesome back roads of the Willamette Valley as we spend an incredible weekend in Silverton, OR.
Silverton is the gateway to Silver Falls State Park, the largest state park in Oregon. Located 14 miles southeast of Silverton on Highway 214,
the park offers 10 different waterfalls, miles of hiking, biking, and horse trails as well as picnicking and facilities. The Day Use Lodge built in the 1930s
is open year round and hosts an old-fashioned Christmas in December, a wildflower exhibit in April or May, and an interpretative tribute to pre-park times at Historic Al Faussett Days in June.
The Silver Falls Tour Route leads visitors from Interstate 5 at Woodburn or Turner, through Silverton and Mt. Angel in a 55-mile loop highlighted by the drive through the park.
The Gallon House Bridge is the last original covered bridge remaining in Marion County. The bridge spans Abiqua Creek about 1 1/2 miles northeast of Silverton.
It got its name during Prohibition because it was a drop point for bootleg whiskey between Mount Angel (a "wet" town) on the north, and Silverton (a "dry" town on the south.)
Built in 1917, the bridge was completely refurbished in 1991.
The Oregon Garden continues to grow on the Cascade Highway at the south edge of Silverton. It is becoming a 240-acre world-class garden to rival the top gardens in the country.
It is now open to the public.
Beautiful murals adorn the sides of buildings throughout Silverton, featuring the brushwork of prominent local artists. Designs depict Homer Davenport (Silverton Oregon's famous son,
Homer Davenport, became an internationally renowned cartoonist in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries.), scenes of historic Silverton, the Four Freedoms paintings by Norman Rockwell,
a pioneer wagon train, the Silverton Red Sox baseball team and other subjects. A festival is held in Honor of Home Davenport each summer in August.
Two city parks, on either side of Silver Creek, invite you to stop, play and picnic. A footbridge connects Coolidge-McClaine Park on the west with Old Mill Park and the city swimming pool
on the east bank. Open during the summer months, the pool offers lessons, lap swimming, and recreational swimming. Silverton boasts an active, competitive swimming team.
The Silverton County Museum offers memorabilia from days gone by in and around Silverton from its early beginnings in 1854. Staffed by volunteers, the museum is open Thursdays and Sundays from 1 - 4.
A Southern Pacific Depot, built in 1906, stands next to the museum and houses the Silverton Area Chamber of Commerce and additional historic exhibits. Be sure to pick up a copy of the Silverton walking
tour brochure to guide through the sites of historic Silverton.
Welcome to The Oregon Garden Resort, the latest Moonstone Hotel.
The hotel boasts a main lodge, which houses meeting space for corporate meetings, family reunions, wedding receptions and conferences. The restaurant and lounge is also
located in the main lodge. The restaurant features sweeping views of The Oregon Garden and the Willamette Valley beyond. Northwest cuisine is highlighted on the menu and
the lounge has live entertainment every night of the week. The main lodge is also home to our full-service day spa.
Our guest rooms are nestled in a series of buildings throughout the grounds behind the main lodge. Each building has six rooms, featuring fireplaces and private landscaped patios.
Ample parking is available both at the main lodge and around the rooms.
As with all of our destination properties, gardens feature prominently. Spectacular gardens surround the immediate property and flow into The Oregon Garden.
A heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are set behind the main lodge.
ALL HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN “June 11th, 2016” AFTER THIS DATE ROOM AVAILABILITY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED!
King 129.00 + tax
Double Queen 129.00 + Tax
Guests will be prompted for a Group Code, which is: MIATA.
Please follow the steps below to make online reservations:
1. Click “Book Now” on the Home page
2. Under Dates you will see “Have a Promo or Group Code? Enter it now.”
3. Input Group Code. Click Update.
4. Enter Dates of Stay
5. Click “Update”
6. Group block will open with room options that are available.
7. Choose option and click “Add to Cart”
When the Group Code is entered the reservation site will list the rooms available.
You may also call the reservation line to make room reservations.
That number is: 503-874-2500 Ext. 0
Costs: $100.00 per person ($195/couple) - includes Thursday evening reception; the Saturday evening dinner banquet; Explore Oregon T-Shirt, attendee pack with event stickers, maps, schedules and more!
If you would like a polo shirt instead of a t-shirt, add $5.00 per shirt.
Sign Up Now: Send registration check or money order to:
P.O. Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307.
Be sure to preregister on the WVMC website: RSVP FOR EVENTS HERE
(so we’ll know who is coming!). For more info, call 503-851-1549
REGISTRATION WILL BE LIMITED TO THE
FIRST 150 PAID REGISTRATIONS
AFTER THAT, A WAITING LIST WILL BE CREATED!
Costs: $100.00 per person ($195/couple) - includes the Welcome reception; the Saturday evening dinner banquet; Explore Oregon T-Shirt, attendee pack with event stickers, maps,
schedules and more!
If you would like a polo shirt instead of a t-shirt, add $5.00 per shirt.
DUE TO THE DEPOSIT FOR THE DINNER WE CANNOT DO ANY REFUNDS AFTER JUNE 3, 2016.
Sign Up Now:
PAYMENT OPTIONS: CHECK OR MONEY ORDER SENT TO:
P.O. Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307
OR YOU CAN PAY ONLINE USING THE PAYPAL LINK BELOW!
NOTE: CANADIAN RESIDENTS MUST USE PAYPAL
Thursday, July 14, 5-9 PM —Event Check-in and Welcome BBQ
Friday, July 15, 6 PM — Various activities are being planned for the daytime hours with everyone on their own for dinner in Silverton.
Saturday, July 16 -- Various activities are being planned for the daytime hours with a dinner banquet at the Oregon Garden Resort. Cocktail hour from 6-7
and Dinner will be served at 7. There will plenty of fun and prizes to be claimed.
Sunday, July 17—We are still in the planning stages of what we would like to do on Sunday and still get everyone that needs to get on the road on it.
More information will be posted on our website RSVP FOR EVENTS HERE
and emailed to all those registered as it becomes available!
* Chris and Karen McCarty - WVMC
* Maury Fugitt and Sandy McKnight - PugetSound Miata, Club Miata Northwest, WVMC
* Mike and Jane Harrison
* Kent and Susan Hocevar - Sea to Sky Miata
* Gary and Yvonne Mulcaster - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Dee Dahlke and Duncan Johnson - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Lew Potts and Nancy Chouinard - Sea to Sky Miata
* Mark and Debby Hamlin - WVMC
* Patricia Cashin and Evelyn Allmen - Sea to Sky Miata
* Dan and Georgia Link
* Rolly Grimm and Sharon Andres - Okanagon Valley Miata Club
* Barry Strain - Sea to Sky Miata
* Barry and Sally Finley - WVMC
* Al and Bev Rich - Okanagon Valley Miata Club
* Sally Wren - Club Miata Northwest
* Patrick McNulty - Club Miata Northwest
* Zo Hargrave - SAMOA
* John and Connie Barfoed - Sea to Sky Miata
* Irvin and Judy Albin
* Walter Hapay and Laura Goebel - Club Miata Northwest
* Katherine Bell and Vincent Weis - SAMOA
* Chris and Rena Sandstrom - Mt. Hood Miata Club
* George and Pam Dowler - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* A.J. and Vickie McGranaghan - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Len McFarlane - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Geneice Gregory and Patsy Gottschalk - Club Miata NW, Puget Sound Miata
* Jerry Thalhamer - WVMC
* Laura Thalhamer - WVMC
* Heather Denniston - Club Miata NW
* John and Paula Ebner - Club Miata NW
* Lynn McKenna and Linda Beatty - Redwood Coast Miata Club
* Jim Conner - Club Miata Northwest
* Gordon Sively and Janet Pearson - Club Miata Northwest
* Martin and Brenda Van Munster - Sea to Sky Miata
* Fred and Suzanne Hahn - Club Miata Northwest
* Bart and Nancy Boyer - WVMC
* Lee and Diane Galati
* David and Colleen Gustafson - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* David "Ivy" Ivancich - Club Miata Northwest
* Pete and Dot Schoneberg - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* David and Sylvia Foster - Mt. Hood Miata Club
* Maurice and Erin Tiano - WVMC
* Jerry and Doreen McPeek - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Tim and Kathryn Kemp - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Gary and Carol Holm - WVMC
* Stu Warlow and Glad Rycroft - Sea to Sky Miata
* Rob and Kathy Horacsek - Sea to Sky Miata
* Evelyn Lazare - Sea to Sky Miats
* Ann Walker - WVMC
* Connie Mott - WVMC
* Chris and Teri Gillespie - WVMC
* Ron and Barb Stoliker - Sea to Sky Miata
* John Perkinson - SAMOA
* Bill and Trish Conlon - WVMC
* Doug and Wendy Herbert - Sea to Sky Miata
* Karen Burkhart - Club Miata Northwest
* Michael Gillman - Club Miata Northwest
* Allen Hartley - Club Miata Northwest
* Bill Davidson and Linda Dickerson - Okanagon Valley Miata Club
* Pete and Jeanette Nunnenkamp - WVMC