Membership fees can now be paid using PayPal (the cost reflects the fees charged by PayPal). See the link on the membership page!
Monthly Club Meeting
March 1, 2014
Join us at our monthly meeting and find out what we have planned for Explore Oregon 2014. There are plenty of opportunities to help with this event.
Bring any ideas that you might have that we can use to make this year's event the best ever!
Saturday Morning Coffee
Join us for coffee every Saturday morning at 9:00 for coffee and comrawderie at the Subway at
5765 Commercial St SE. We are trying to be more organized about taking a drive after coffee, so watch for
details about planned Saturday morning drives here!
Explore Oregon 2014
"The Premier Summer Miata Tour Event"
July 17-20, 2014
"EXPLORE OREGON” is an annual premier multi-day event, organized by the Willamette Valley Miata club. Be prepared to
enjoy some of Oregon’s most beautiful and historic scenery and explore the awesome back roads of the Willamette Valley as we
spend an incredible weekend in Cottage Grove, OR.
Cottage Grove-Our Destination
Discover the All-America City (1968, 2004) of Cottage Grove. Known as the "Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon," Cottage Grove
boasts seven covered bridges in and around town.
Built in the early twentieth century, its 100-year-old architecture reflects Cottage Grove's rich gold mining history and success
as an early center of commerce.
A film industry favorite, Cottage Grove has also been a backdrop in scenes from The General, Emperor of the North, Animal House and Stand By Me.
For a small town, there is a lot to do in Cottage Grove.
A walkable downtown is dense with art galleries, museums, bookstores, boutiques and cafes. Many artistic murals grace the sides of buildings,
documenting Cottage Grove's small town spirit and community pride. Of particular note, historic resident Opal Whiteley and her tragic life
odyssey is immortalized in an iconic mural downtown.
Located along the I-5 corridor, Cottage Grove provides easy access to the Cascade Mountains, the Oregon Coast, and is a convenient gateway
to Oregon Wine Country. Drive north along the agriculturally picturesque Highway 99 to explore the neighboring town of Creswell for an afternoon of wine tasting and golf.
Picturesque drives like the Aufderheide National Scenic Highway, McKenzie Pass Highway, Dee Wright Volcanic Observatory
will be just a few of the highlights for the weekend.
If you fancy a more leisurely drive with historic appeal, take a tour of the many covered bridges in the area. With more remaining covered bridges than any other place on the
West Coast, Oregon's bridges offer history buffs, photographers and sightseers a look at a well-preserved past in the beautiful setting of the Pacific Northwest.
Eugene, Cascades & Coast is home to 20 covered bridges dating back as early as 1920; many are listed on the National Register of Historical Places. Fourteen are still open to traffic.
The towns of Cottage Grove ("Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon") and Lowell are natural starting places to begin a covered bridge tour.
Village Green Resort and Gardens
Village Green Resort is located off Interstate 5, just 25 miles south of Eugene in the heritage town of Cottage Grove - "Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon". For those of you that attended
Explore Oregon at the Oregon Garden Resort, this is the sister resort to it.
Village Green Resort Gardens
In older times, a Village Green was a gathering place where friends and family and members of the community could come together and collect the news,
visit with one another, and enjoy each other's company. Today, our Village Green serves the same purpose. We aim to become a gathering place where friends,
family and community can congregate in a setting of world-class gardens.
The Bird Habitat – Get up close and personal with the local bird population. Their favorite shrubs, flowers and trees for food and shelter grow in this garden.
The Woodland – A small sampling of what you might find in the mountains, yet it’s right here in the valley! Shady and peaceful, this garden is home to trilliums,
soloman’s seal, ferns, jack-in-the-pulpits, and more.
The Golden Garden –This garden accentuates golden and chartreuse foliage with blue flowers scattered here and there. A bower cut into the laurel thicket
offers a shady respite during hot days. The Bell Tree, standing sentinel in the garden is hung with wind chimes, and bells to provide music.
The Widow's Walk –Strange and whimsical, this short walk is made up primarily of plants with black foliage, flowers or stems and underplanted with acid green and chartreuse.
The Twilight Garden – This garden was created for the magical moment at dusk when the colors are brilliant and the fragrance is intoxicating.
The Petite Tropicana –This garden has a lush, tropical feel, yet the majority of the plants are hardy and can survive our Oregon winters just fine. Bring your notebook and take a few ideas home with you.
The Courtyard / Wedding Garden – The perfect setting for a romantic wedding or reception, featuring a gazebo, rose tunnel and fountain amid fragrant gardens.
The Gathering Grounds – A favorite gathering spot for family reunions, company picnics, and special events. Home to the annual Gathering of Gardeners during the 3rd week-end in September.
ALL HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN “JUNE 17th, 2014” AFTER THIS DATE ROOM AVAILABILITY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED!
Standard 99.00 + tax
Deluxe 109.00 + tax
Executive 109.00+ tax
To reserve your guestroom call the Village Green Resort at 1-800-343-7666 and identify themselves as participants
of the Willamette Valley Miata Car Club event to receive the special rates quoted. All reservation requests must
be received on or before June 17, 2014.
Village Green Resort
725 Row River Road, Cottage Grove, Oregon, 97424
Telephone: 541-942-2491 Toll free: 800-966-6490
Costs: $85.00 per person ($160/couple) - includes the Welcome reception; the Saturday evening dinner banquet;
Explore Oregon T-Shirt, attendee pack with event stickers, maps, schedules and more!
If you would like a polo shirt instead of a t-shirt, add $5.00 per shirt.
Registration payments can be completed on line by using PayPal! NOTE: Payments from Canada must be paid using PayPal!
Sign Up Now: Send registration check or money order to:
P.O. Box 20612
Keizer, OR 97307.
The event costs - include the Welcome reception; the Saturday evening dinner banquet;
Explore Oregon T-Shirt, attendee pack with event stickers, maps, schedules and more!
* Chris and Karen McCarty - WVMC
* Bob and Sally Thomas - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Dee Dahlke and Duncan Johnson - Club Miata NW & Puget Sound Miata
* Walter Hapay and Laura Goebel
* Maury Fugitt and Sandy McKnight - Puget Sound, Club Miata NW, & WVMC
* Bram and Marijke Oudshoorn - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Steve and Val Boycott
* Larry and Emily Muir - Club Miata NW & Puget Sound Miata
* Stu and Moe Warlow - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Ian and Colleen Swanson - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Bill Goff and Lois Turner - Redwood Coast Miata Club
* Carol Kus and Frank Shriver - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Richard and Terry Johnson - San Joaquin Valley Miata Club
* Randy and Carla Steine - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Martin and Brenda Van Munster - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Chris and Rena Sandstrom - Mt Hood Miata Club
* Rolly Grimm and Sharon Andres - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Jim Connor - Club Miata NW
* Barry and Sally Finley
* Tom and Marci Jarvis - San Joaquin Valley Miata Club
* Sally Wren - Club Miata NW
* Chris and Teri Gillespie - WVMC
* Ben and Katrina Stanton
* Barry Strain
* Anders and Diane Johansen - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* David Bruce and Yvonne Michels - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Rick and Joy Hart - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Fred and Sandi Holler - Puget Sound Miata and WVMC
* Evelyn Lazare - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Ron and Barb Stoliker - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Lester and Sharon Lightstone - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Al and Bev Rich - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Fred and Suzanne Hahn - Club Miata NW
* Ann Walker
* Connie Mott - WVMC
* Bob and Barabra Rosentreter - Mt Hood Miata Club
* Bruce Stevenson and Donna Bliss - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Gordon Sivley - Club Miata NW
* Vicki and Judy Burr-Chellin - Club Miata NW-Olympic Peninsula Chapter
* Jeff and Alisa Brummer - Mt Hood Miata Club
* Heather Denniston -Club Miata NW
* Vincent Weis and Katherine Bell - SAMOA
* George and Pam Dowler - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Michael Gillman - Club Miata NW
* Len McFarlane - Okanagan Valley Miat Club
* Andy and Marilyn McDonald - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Carla and Jim Boyde - Club Miata NW
* John and Paula Ebner - Club Miata NW
* Gary and Debbie Hartley - Okanagan Valey Miata Club
* Joseph Potts
* Brian and Laverne G'froerer
* Dale Calderwood and Jim McGee - Sea to Sky Miata Club