Membership fees can now be paid using PayPal (the cost reflects the fees charged by PayPal). See the link on the membership page!
Monthly Club Meeting
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Join us at our monthly meeting and find out what we have planned for Explore Oregon 2013. There are plenty of opportunities to help witht his event.
Bring any ideas that you might have that we can use to make this year's event the best ever!
Saturday Morning Coffee
Join us for coffee every Saturday morning at 9:00 for coffee and comrawderie at the Subway at
5675 Commercial St SE. We are trying to be more organized about taking a drive after coffee, so watch for
details about planned Saturday morning drives here!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Explore Oregon 2013-10th Anniversary Edition
"The Premier Summer Miata Tour Event"
July 11-14, 2013
"EXPLORE OREGON” is an annual premier multi-day event, organized by the Willamette Valley Miata club. Be prepared to
enjoy some of Oregon’s most beautiful and historic scenery and explore the awesome back roads of the Columbia Gorge as we
spend an incredible weekend in The Dalles, OR.
Columbia Gorge-Our Destination
The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area encompasses 292,500 acres, the entire length of the Columbia River Gorge. It spans
two states, extreme southern Washington and northern Oregon, and runs from the mouths of Sandy River to the Deschutes River. The
Columbia River Gorge is unique in both its natural and cultural history, as well as its designation as a National Scenic Area.
Scenic beauty, cascading waterfalls that glimmer in the sunshine, breathtaking views, and gourmet memories served on a
silver platter seems like a fantasy that only fairy tale characters could enjoy. However, this fantasy can become a reality
in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Scenic vistas of breathtaking beauty can be viewed from several routes
to include: SR (State Route) 14 on the Washington side, Interstate 84 and Historic Columbia River Highway 30 on the Oregon side.
Picturesque sites like Beacon Rock State Park, Dog Mountain, and Cape Horn can be viewed from SR 14. On Interstate 84, sites like
the Vista House on Crown Point, Multnomah Falls, and the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center in The Dalles can be viewed as you meander
through the gorge. Suspended high above the Columbia River in architectural splendor is the Bridge of the Gods, which can be accessed
from SR 14 and Interstate 84. This bridge is a toll bridge, but the view is worth every cent. The Bonneville Lock and Dam is a spectacular
display of engineering marvel, and can be viewed from either side of the river.
If you fancy a more leisurely drive with historic appeal, take a spin on Historic Columbia River Highway 30. An array of spectacular
waterfalls cascading from high cliffs can be admired. Several spots along the way offer many picture taking opportunities to capture
special memories. Picnicking locations are abundant along the way, so feel free to fill your bellies as you take in the scenic wonders
that surround you.
Cousin's Country Inn - Hotel in The Dalles, Oregon
With a genuinely warm welcome, a terrific bed, heavenly pillows and delicious home-style cooking and a fun bar scene awaiting, we
just have to ask, "What's keeping you?" If you're looking for lodging in The Dalles, you won't find a better experience in the I-84 corridor.
We are ideally located for hard working crews, road weary Columbia business travelers, sports teams out to compete, as well as Gorge sportsmen
and women, hikers, bikers, shoppers, wind jockeys and kite surfers - Cousin's Country Inn is a soft place to lay your head and rejuvenate your spirit.
You'd be hard-pressed to find someone in the area who doesn't have great things to say about Cousins' Restaurant. We're a hometown
favorite and a must-stop for regular wayfarers travelling the Columbia River Gorge. A great night’s sleep and a great meal - isn't that what you're looking for?
ALL HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN “June 10th, 2013” AFTER THIS DATE ROOM AVAILABILITY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED!
King 98.10 + tax
Double Queen 98.10 + Tax
To reserve your guestroom call the Cousin’s Country Inn 800-848-9378 and identify yourself as a member of the Explore Oregon Event.
Reservations received after the cut-off date will be provided on a space available basis at prevailing rates.
Cousin’s Country Inn
2114 W. 6th St.
The Dalles, OR 97058
Phone: 1-800-848-9378 or 1-541-298-5161
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
There will be on "REFUNDS" after June 14, 2013! Everything has been ordered and deposits made for all events as of this date.
The event costs - include the Welcome reception; the Saturday evening dinner banquet;
Explore Oregon T-Shirt, attendee pack with event stickers, maps, schedules and more!
Watch this space for more details!
* Chris and Karen McCarty - WVMC
* Mark and Debby Hamlin - WVMC
* Barry and Sally Finley - WVMC
* Martin and Brenda VanMunster - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Garry and Debbie Hartley - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* George and Pam Dowler - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Patricia Cashin and Evelyn Allmen - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Bram and Marijke Oudshoorn - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Lee and Diane Galati - SAMOA
* Glenn and Lorraine Henderson - San Joaquin Valley Miata Club
* Claire Reed and Diane Morris - WVMC
* Don and Linda McCann - Badgerland Miata Club
* Carol Kus and Frank Shriver - Puget Sound Miata Club
* David (Ivy) Ivancich - Club Miata Northwest
* Karen Burkhart - Club Miata Northwest
* Andrew and Vickie McGrahaghan - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Robert and Mary Whitley - San Joaquin Valley Miata Club
* Paul Traunweiser and Leslie Reece - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Bob and Sally Thomas - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Jerry and Doreen McPeek - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Tom and Marci Jarvis - San Joaquin Valley & So Cal Miata Clubs
* Dee Dahlke and Duncan Johnson - Puget Sound and Club Miata Northwest
* Richard and Terry Johnson - San Joaquin Valley Miata Club
* Maurice Fugitt and Sandy McKnight - Puget Sound, Club Miata Northwest and WVMC
* Jim and Marcy Hotz - Badgerland Miata Club
* Ben and Katrina Stanton
* Randy and Carla Steine - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Barb and Ron Stoliker - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Kim and Don Howorth -Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Tye and Kelli Fountain - WVMC
* Lee and Pat Ruecker - So Cal Miata, San Joaquin Valley and Miata Fun
* Fred and Sandi Holler - Puget Sound and WVMC
* Bob and Barbara Rosentreter - Mt Hood Miatya Club
* Jim Conner - Club Miata Northwest
* Walter and Marlene Reimer - San Joaquin Valley Miata Club
* James and Joanne Tuckwood - Badgerland Miata Club
* Skip and Leighann Severance - San Joaquin Vally Miata Club
* Chris and Rena Sandstrom - Mt Hood Miata Club
* Vicki and Judy Burr - Chellin-Club Miata Northwest and Puget Sound Miata Club
* Chris and Joanie Squire - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Michael Gillman - Club Miata Northwest
* Stu and Moe Warlow - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Vincent Weis and Kathi Bell - SAMOA
* Allen and Beverly Rich - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Harold Hilton and Arleen Sarsons - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Evelyn Lazare - Sea to Sky Miata Club
* Charlotte and Vera Fellers - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Lynn McKenna and Lorraine Losh - Redwoood Coast Miata Club
* Connie Mott - WVMC
* James and Peggy Wurzbach - Badgerland Miata Club
* John and Kimberly Beck - Mt Hood Miata Club
* Rolly Grimm and Sharon Andres - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Mark and Debi Harvey - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* John and Kathwren Hayes -WVMC
* Bruce and Pat Ellis - Club Miata Vancouver Island
* Len McFarlane - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Patrick McNulty
* Gary and Carol Holm - WVMC
* Bill and Trish Conlon - WVMC
* Chuck and Anne Kratsch - WVMC
* Tom and Cindy Millar - Puget Sound Miata Club
* Gary and Karen Roy - Les Bois Miata Club
* Walter Hapay and Laura Goebel
* Richard Stowell and Terry Meek - Club Miata Northwest
* Ann Walker
* Ron Rothenberg - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Lex Cousins and Louise Cole - Okanagan Valley Miata Club
* Pete and Jeanette Nunnenkamp - WVMC
* Jeff and Alisa Brummer - Mt Hood Miata Club